Sunday, February 21, 2010

Off the Record - Alicia Keys

I just have to say that I am really happy with Alicia Keys' latest album, The Element of Freedom!!  After hearing Songs in A Minor and The Diary of Alicia Keys, I was a huge fan of Alicia (The Unplugged album/ DVD was fabulous as well).  But As I Am was a big disappointment to me, because the album didn't represent Alicia as the artist that I had grown to love and admire.  The soul and personal connection was eradicated - and I was left with something totally...ugh!! I don't even like thinking about that album.  But thank you thank you THANK YOU Alicia for The Element of Freedom!  She claimed her freedom to give her true fans some of that good, intimate music that we haven't heard in a while.  I listened to it while riding the 1 train downtown to 66th and uptown to 137th, and while walking through the concrete jungle.  My head was bobbing the whole time, and my heart was happy!  Can't wait to see Alicia in concert at Madison Square Garden on March 17!! So excited - will be my first concert at the Garden =)  Well, I'm signing off! Keeping Up With the Kardashians is on ^_^

No comments: