Saturday, March 13, 2010

Erykah Badu - Window Seat



So, there's no denying that Erykah Badu is one of a kind.  Check out her ensemble and that signature hat.  And the raw vocals - gotta love her!! So "Window Seat" makes me just wanna get away.  I think the song is evoking and sincere.  Not unlike Erykah.  This song has a very human element - at times we want to escape, but not long after, we want to be near.  The chorus sings,
So can I get a window seat
Don’t want nobody next to me
I just want a ticket outta town
A look around
And a safe touch down
Window seat
Don’t want nobody next to me
I just want a chance to fly
A chance to cry
And a long bye bye

I like this song, because you can interpret it literally or figuratively.  Both ways are fun and effective.  I feel so relaxed now - Lol.  Can't wait to check out the new album, New Amerykah, Part II: Return of the Ankh on March 30.

No comments: