Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Monica - Still Standing


Monica took my ears to a whole new level!  I absolutely LOVE this album.  I have listened to it THREE times in ONE day!! Yes, it's that delicious.  When a singer can share so much of their soul in their songs, the music becomes personal, and that makes the listening experience unforgettable.  I seriously don't want to stop singing these songs!  Haven't felt this way since Songs in A Minor by Alicia Keys and The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.  Still Standing deserves a standing ovation - Monica stayed true to her fans, to her faith, and to herself.  Which is more than many of today's R&B and Hip-Hop musicians can say.  So kudos to my girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sold! Think I'll be obtaining "Still Standing" tomorrow. Hope I enjoy it as much as you do.